WhatsApp cloud API: WhatsApp Business is one of the most important commercial tools, especially for customer communication.
Over time, the Application’s features have improved, generating even more functionality. One of them is used for storing information and contacts. Learn more about WhatsApp Cloud API now.
What Is It, And Why Use WhatsApp Cloud API?
First, let’s explain that WhatsApp API Cloud is the cloud version of WhatsApp Business API. That is, they have the same functions and characteristics, but they have a difference: the Cloud API is hosted on the servers of Meta, the company that owns WhatsApp, Facebook and Instagram. In the case of the WhatsApp Business API, the information is hosted on a local or private server.
Furthermore, the WhatsApp Cloud API offers some great features. That way, with more resources, your company can explore different possibilities to talk to customers and thus improve this contact even further. Check out:
- Sending and receiving bulk messages;
- Creation of WhatsApp Interactive Messages, WhatsApp’s interactive messages;
- You can apply for profile verification and earn the green “verified” stamp;
- Advanced automation using chatbots;
What Are The Differences Between WhatsApp Business API And WhatsApp Cloud API?
As we said, these two services are very similar and have some differences in their work. To make it simpler, let’s show the main differences between them.
- Lodging: this, as we said, is the main one. The Cloud API servers are connected to Meta, while the Business ones are in a private one or on the company’s own;
- Updates: in the Cloud, the company receives the latest platform updates almost in real time. While in the other format, you have to wait a few days to explore the news, and a developer must do the process;
- Costs with the tool: Meta pays the hosting costs, and companies only pay for the messages sent in the case of the Cloud. In the Business API, you have to pay the costs of configuring and maintaining the servers in addition to the messages;
- Messaging volume: Cloud API can receive and send up to 500 text and media messages sent per second, while in Business API, it is possible to send up to 70 text messages per second in a single connection and up to 250 in connection multiple.
How To Get WhatsApp Cloud API
So, to get WhatsApp Cloud API, you need to set up your Facebook developer account. See our walkthrough below.
- Set up your Facebook Developer account. To do so, access or create your account and then click on Create Application;
- Now select Business as your application type;
- Enter basic information about your Business. You don’t need to check if you don’t already have a business management account, as Facebook will create it automatically. Now, click Create Application to continue;
- Go to WhatsApp and select Set up;
- Click continue to accept the Terms and Conditions;
- This step is optional, but it’s worth doing. Send a message with the test number generated by WhatsApp to another number of yours. This test is important to confirm that everything went well with the integration;
- Your account has been set up with everything done, and you can start working with WhatsApp Cloud API.
So, as we said throughout the text, WhatsApp Cloud API has many great features for your day-to-day work. One is high-volume messaging, which pairs well with automating these interactions.
Furthermore, to do a great job of uniting these two characteristics, it is possible to count on the help of chatbots. They are robots that make fluid and precise contacts and still improve interactions with the use of artificial intelligence.
Therefore, this union certainly has the potential to bring great results to your Business. And to achieve better performance, you can count on the support of New Way, a company specialized in this sector.
Also Read: WhatsApp Sales: How To Integrate The Tool